The Arlington Historical Society (AHS) receives no government funding. AHS relies solely on donations and membership dues to support all our programs and our two historic buildings. You can support the work of AHS through your generous gift. All donations are tax deductible. If you have any questions, please email AHS at: email@example.com.
AHS has many ways that you can give.
AHS has several membership levels. The link in the header explains the benefits of each level. You can become a member online or through the print and mail-in form.
- Arlington Historical Society General Fund. Your donation to the general fund provides enable the Society to fund any and all programs of the Arlington Historical Society.
- Preservation of the Arlington Historical Museum. Your donation funds the maintenance, preservation, and refurbishment of the Arlington Historical Museum located in the historic 1891 Hume School. The Hume School has the distinction of being the oldest existing school building in the county. The museum is open free to the public. You can learn more about the museum here. Find out about the current refurbishment project here.
- Preservation of the Ball-Sellers House. Your donation funds the maintenance and preservation of the oldest house in the county. Built c. 1750, the house is operated as a museum and is free to the public. You can learn more about this house and its role in Arlington history here.
You can also donate to any one of these in memory or on behalf of someone. Please let us know who you are honoring with your donation.
Other Ways to Support AHS
Besides direct monetary donations, there are other ways you can support AHS:
- Volunteer Your Time. AHS has opportunities for everyone who has an interest in history or who wants to become more involved in their community. You can do some tasks from your own home or spend a few hours a month at one of our museums.
- Donate an Artifact. AHS welcomes artifacts of any type that is related to Arlington history. You can email us, a description and a picture are helpful. email: firstname.lastname@example.org.