Calling on Arlingtonians past and present, we challenge you to look around your home for an object related to Arlington that has historical meaning for you and/or your family. Take a picture of it and then share the photo with a brief statement (between 2-4 sentences) about what the object is and why it represents a history of your family. Share it by posting it on any of AHS’s social media:
- AHS website: add it here in the comment section below
- AHS facebook site: Visit us on Facebook (at https://www.facebook.com/ArlingtonHistoricalSociety/) and look for the Arlington History At Home posting on the Facebook site.
- AHS Twitter: Visit us on Twitter (at https://twitter.com/ArlHist) Arlington Historical Society and tag your historical artifact with the hashtag #ArlingtonHistoryAtHome
- AHS Instagram: Visit us on Instagram (at https://www.instagram.com/arlingtonhistory/) Arlingtonhistory and tag with #ArlingtonHistoryAtHome
- Email AHS at email@example.com and put “Arlington History At Home” in the subject line
It can be any Arlington-related object of any era, of any size, as long as it has value to you in helping to tell your family history. This is a fun project you can do by yourself or with your kids and family members.
We look forward to learning about YOUR history as part of Arlington’s!
Don’t know what to do with it? If this is an object that you’d like to donate or loan to the Arlington Historical Museum, let us know and after the corona virus emergency has passed, we’ll contact you to learn more.